Game Plan for a Successful Season (HCR)
Use this guide and checklist to stay organized and make sure you’ve done everything you need to make this season go as smoothly as possible.
- Read the Services and Responsibilities document to ensure you are aware of who is responsible for what.
- Provide GameSheet with a principal contact to be the first line of support for League related enquiries, e.g. “What’s my league’s iPad Access Key?”.
- Provide GameSheet with your Season’s start date.
- Provide GameSheet with the names and emails for all League Officials (Directors, Convenors, Referee-in-Chiefs etc) and their desired level of access.
- Confirm that your Dashboard account has been updated to include your new Season or, if you’re a new user, that you have received an invitation email to access the Dashboard.
Complete the Season Setup
- Review and, if necessary, update your Season’s Settings:
- Prepare for HCR Import:
- Provide GameSheet the date when the import is to take place along with a list of the Teams and Divisions to be imported.
- Notify the Associations / Teams of the HCR import date.
- Review and confirm that the correct Divisions and rosters have been imported.
- Adjust the Division settings if they are different from the Season. (Period lengths, Public / Private Stats etc)
- Invite Team Users:
- Add or import Scheduled Games.
- Copy and paste the codes for each association and email them separately to the association contact. Have them distribute to each team.
- An invitation code may be used by anyone to create an account, or update an existing account, with access to the linked team. Do not send all teams all of the invitations.
Install the iPad Scoring App
- Distribute the iPad Scoring App installation instructions and your League’s iPad Access Key to those who will need it.
Add Scores, Schedule, Standings, and Stats to Your Website
- Via the GameSheet embeddable “widget”
- Link to GameSheet’s website or embed directly into your league’s existing website.
- Share the link and/or embed instructions with your associations / teams.
- Via SportsHeadz / MBS Integration for Scores / Standings
- Enable the integration by providing your contact at SportsHeadz / MBS with the following:
- Your League ID.
- The Season ID.
- The Division IDs for each division in your season.
- Your league id can be found in the URL after clicking on the league in the Dashboard.
- Season and Division IDs can be found in the URL after clicking on a division in the Dashboard.
Share the Training Videos
- Share the Scorekeeper Training and Referee Training Videos with your Scorekeepers / League’s Referee in Chief or Assignor etc.
Support GameSheet - Post our Logo
- Please post our logo on your league or event site to help promote us.
- GameSheet Logos and Branding Guides