When assigning a penalty in the GameSheet system the scorekeeper needs to select the penalty type, e.g. "Tripping", as well as the length (duration) of the penalty. Since penalty types and lengths can vary from league to league, these lists can be customized for each season in the Penalty Settings section of the Edit Season page. Penalty lengths can also be adjusted for each Division via the Edit Division page.
Can penalty lengths and types be changed once the season has started?
- Yes, penalty types and penalty lengths can be updated at any time.
- Changes will not affect already completed games.
What penalty types are loaded by default?
- By default penalty types and durations are populated with the complete list from the Hockey Canada rule book.
Can I replace the complete list of penalty types?
- Yes. First click the “Delete All” link to remove the default penalties, then click the "Import from CSV" button and follow the instructions to load the desired penalty types.
- GameSheet maintained penalty type lists are available for USAH, NCAA, Ball Hockey, and Box Lacrosse here.
Who can change the Penalty Settings?
- Users with the Convenor or Director role.