Game Plan for a Successful Season
Use this guide and checklist to stay organized and make sure you’ve done everything you need to make this season go as smoothly as possible.
- Read the Services and Responsibilities document to ensure you are aware of who is responsible for what.
- Provide GameSheet with a principal contact to be the first line of support for League related enquiries, e.g. “What’s my league’s iPad Access Key?”.
- Provide GameSheet with your Season’s start date.
- Provide GameSheet with the names and emails for all League Officials (Directors, Convenors, Referee-in-Chiefs etc) and their desired level of access.
- Confirm that your Dashboard account has been updated to include your new Season or, if you’re a new user, that you have received an invitation email to access the Dashboard.
- Review and, if necessary, update your Season’s Settings
- Penalty Types and Lengths
- Period Lengths
- Game Categories
- Player Stats setting (Public / Private)
- Point System & Tie Breakers
- Game Flagging Criteria
- Add Divisions one at a time via the Dashboard.
- Add Teams to Divisions.
- Teams that already exist in the system will have been copied by GameSheet. Teams not copied will need to be created one at a time via the Dashboard.
- Invite Team Users
- Distribute each team’s unique Invitation Code to it’s managers, coaching staff and anyone else who should have the ability to manage the team’s roster and view their score sheets.
- Here is a sample Email Template for you to use.
- Setup Team Rosters
- Rosters can be managed by the team users or by the league.
- Multiple rosters can be imported at once via CSV
- Add or import Scheduled Games.
- An invitation code may be used by anyone to create an account, or update an existing account, with access to the linked team. Do not send all teams all of the invitations.
- Copy and paste the codes for each association and email them separately to the association contact. Have them distribute to each team
Install the iPad Scoring App
- Distribute the iPad Scoring App installation instructions and your League’s iPad Access Key to those who will need it.
Add Scores, Schedule, Standings, and Stats to Your Website
- Via the GameSheet embeddable “widget”
- Link to GameSheet’s website or embed directly into your league’s existing website.
- Share the link and/or embed instructions with your associations / teams.
- Via SportsHeadz / MBS Integration for Scores / Standings
- Enable the integration by providing your contact at SportsHeadz / MBS with the following:
- Your League ID.
- The Season ID.
- The Division IDs for each division in your season.
- Your league id can be found in the URL after clicking on the league in the Dashboard.
- Season and Division IDs can be found in the URL after clicking on a division in the Dashboard.
Share the Training Videos
- Share the Scorekeeper Training and Referee Training Videos with your Scorekeepers / League’s Referee in Chief or Assignor etc.
Support GameSheet - Post our Logo
- Please post our logo on your league or event site to help promote us.
- GameSheet Logos and Branding Guides