Season Settings Overview
Season settings provide customization options for your league. Things like the default length of periods, the list of available penalties, and the point system used for your standings can all be customized via the Season settings.
Who can create or edit a Season?
- GameSheet creates new seasons for your league.
- Users who have the Director or Convenor role at the Season level are able to edit a season's settings.
Where do I find the Season settings?
- You may access the Season settings either from the Leagues page by clicking on the "Action" and then select the Edit option, or from the Season page by tapping / clicking the Edit Season button at the top beside the season's name.
Additional information on Season settings:
- Hockey Year
- Period Length, Overtime and Shoot-Out options
- Game Categories (ex. HL, AA, A, LL).
- Player Stats display - public or private
- Standings and Points System
- Tie Breakers
- Penalty Settings
- Flagging Criteria
- Player of the Game Tool
- Season settings can be overridden at the Division level.
- Update the Season Settings before updating Division settings as division settings are inherited from the season.
- Season and Division settings can be updated at any time without affecting past games.
- The number of periods and their lengths can be overridden at game time on the iPad Scoring app.