Managing Your Roster
Editing an Existing Roster
Via the Dashboard Website
From the Team Roster page:
- Click / Tap on the name of the player you'd like to update. This will engage the edit mode.
- With edit mode now engaged, click / tap on the field you want to change.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click / Tap the "Save" button.
- A player’s profile can include a number of attributes beyond just their name and jersey number. For more information on this see our article on Extended Player Attributes.
- If you need to make roster changes immediately before a game, make those changes at the rink while reviewing your roster in the iPad Scoring app.
Via the iPad Scoring App
- The iPad Scoring app loads latest rosters from the Dashboard when a new game is created. Any changes made to rosters via the iPad Scoring app are only synced with the Dashboard when the completed game is uploaded.
Setting up a New Roster
Import Via CSV (Excel) File
A team’s entire roster, including coaches, can be imported via a single CSV file. For instructions on how to do this, see our Importing Rosters Via CSV (Excel) article.
Picking Players / Coaches from the “Season Roster”
To add an existing player / coach from the Season Roster, use the “Add Existing “ button and search the season by player / coach name. This is useful for selecting from a pool of already registered players. This pool includes players who could be on other teams or just part of the season waiting to be selected.
From the Team Roster page of the Dashboard, new players and coaches can be added using the “+ New “ button. Fill in the required fields (name for players, name and position for coaches) and save.
- External ID is not required and will be generated if left blank. For more info on this field see the related article, What is the External ID?.
- To make this process faster, use the tab key to move between fields and the return / enter key to save.