Quick Start Guide for Teams
The GameSheet digital scoring system replaces traditional paper score sheets and has two primary components:
- The Team Dashboard This is where managers and coaches can manage their roster, view their past and upcoming games, and view their team stats.
- The iPad Scoring App This is the digital version of the paper score sheet. Games are scored using this app and are uploaded to the Dashboard website where they can be viewed.
Team Invitation Codes & League Access Key
Your league contact / administrator should have provided you with two different codes / keys:
Team Invitation Code. The team invitation code is used to register a GameSheet account to access score sheets and team management features on our Dashboard and Team Dashboard websites.
Example Team Invitation Code: HJ8nUrCV3X
League Access Key. The league access key is used to sign in to the iPad Scoring app which is used exclusively to score games. Everyone in your league will have the same key.
Example League Access Key: ipad-abcdefg
Get Started with a Dashboard Account
If you don't already have a GameSheet account, create a new account by following these steps:
- Go to https://teams.gamesheet.app and click "Sign Up"
- Paste in your team's Invitation Code, verify that you have the right team, and click "Continue."
- Note that the invitation code is 10 characters long and is composed of random numbers and letters. If you did not receive an invitation code, contact your league administrator.
- Fill in the remaining required fields and click "Create Account."
If you already have a GameSheet account, accept your invitation by following these steps:
- Log into the Team Dashboard with your email and password.
- If you forgot your password, use the forgot password link to reset it.
- Click on the team name at the top of the screen
- Click on "Add New Team" from the dropdown menu.
- Paste the invitation code into the field and click "Continue."
- Verify that the correct team is listed, and click "Continue."
- Determine if you'd like to link this team to another team that you already have access to and click "Accept Invitation."
- Teams should be linked when the team already exists elsewhere in GameSheet
- Linked teams will have their rosters synced
- Example: A team uses GameSheet for their regular season. The team plays in a tournament that also uses GameSheet. These teams should be linked.
Add / Verify Your Roster
Now that you have a GameSheet account and you've logged into the Team Dashboard, you're ready to set up your team's roster. Here are the steps to get started with roster management:
- Click on the roster tab of the Team Dashboard
- If your team's roster is already loaded, review the roster and make any necessary edits. You can edit a player / coach profile by clicking on the player / coach .
- If your team's roster has not been loaded, you may add players several different ways using the "Actions" button. You can import your roster from a CSV/Excel file, the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR), or the USA Hockey Registry or add players / coaches one at a time.
View Your Team's Schedule
Your schedule may or may not be loaded yet, but it's a good idea to take a look. Click on the schedule tab to see all of your team's completed and upcoming games. Tap on a game to see more information.
Pro Tip: Use the actions button to download the PDF scoresheet for a completed game.
View Completed Score Sheets
If you've successfully set up your GameSheet Dashboard account and have accepted the invitation for key for your team, you'll automatically receive a post game email from GameSheet that includes a summary of the game along with links to view the score sheet and the box score. If you are not receiving these emails, check your junk mail and confirm that you've accepted the correct invitation code.
Get Started with the iPad Scoring App
- Install the Scoring app on the App store by following the instructions here: https://help.gamesheet.app/article/6-installing-scoring-app
- Open the iPad Scoring app on.
- Enter your league's iPad Access Key into the form field and tap the "Sign In" button. Remember, the access key begins with "ipad-" and should have been provided to you by your league.
- Read our Quick Start Guide for Scoring a Game.