Quick Start Guide for Team Managers
The GameSheet digital scoring system replaces traditional paper score sheets and has two primary components:
- The Dashboard Website. This is where schedules are input, score sheets are accessed and where you can manage your team’s roster.
- The iPad Scoring App. This is the digital version of the paper score sheet. Games are scored using this app and are uploaded to the Dashboard website where they can be viewed.
Team Invitation Codes & League Access Key
Your league contact / administrator should have provided you with two different codes / keys:
- Team Invitation Code. The team invitation code is used to register a GameSheet account to access score sheets and team management features on our Dashboard website.
Example Team Invitation Code: HJ8nUrCV3X
- League Access Key. The league access key is used to sign in to the iPad Scoring app which is used exclusively to score games. Everyone in your league will have the same key.
Example League Access Key: ipad-abcdefg
Get Started with a Dashboard Account
If you don't already have a GameSheet account, create a new account by following these steps:
- Go to https://gamesheet.app/account/new
- Fill in the required fields and for the Invitation Code, enter the unique team code provided to you by your league. Note that the invitation code is 10 characters long and is composed of random numbers and letters. If you did not receive an invitation code, contact your league administrator.
- Click Create Account.
If you already have a GameSheet account, accept your invitation by following these steps:
- Log in to your Dashboard account with your email and password. If you forgot your password, use the forgot password link to reset it.
- Click on your name in the top right corner and click on Accept Invitation in the menu.
- Enter your invitation code and click Update Account.
Add / Verify Your Roster
Now that you have a GameSheet account and you've logged into the Dashboard website, you're ready to set up your team's roster. Here are the steps to get started with roster management:
- Follow the links down from Association, to League, to Season, to Season Teams and click on your team.
- If your team's roster is already loaded, review the roster and make any necessary edits. You can edit the basic player / coach information displayed by clicking on it. You can edit a player's full profile by clicking the Actions button and then Extended Player Attributes.
- If your team's roster has not been loaded, you may add players one at a time using the + New Player button, you can import your roster from a CSV/Excel file, the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR), or the USA Hockey Registry.
View Your Team's Schedule
Your schedule may or may not be loaded yet, but it's a good idea to take a look and bookmark the page for future reference. To view your team's schedule:
- Follow the links down from Association, to League, to Season and click on View Schedule in the Games section.
- Use the filters and search to find specific games.
- Click on a scheduled game to view the details and, if you have sufficient permissions, make changes.
View Completed Score Sheets
If you've successfully set up your GameSheet Dashboard account and have accepted the invitation for key for your team, you'll automatically receive a post game email from GameSheet that includes a summary of the game along with links to view the score sheet and the box score. If you are not receiving these emails, check your junk mail and confirm that you've accepted the correct invitation code.
Get Started with the iPad Scoring App
- Install the app to your iPad by following the instructions here: https://help.gamesheet.app/article/6-installing-scoring-app
- Open the iPad Scoring app.
- Enter your league's iPad Access Key into the form field and tap the "Sign In" button. Remember, the access key begins with "ipad-" and should have been provided to you by your league.
- Read our Quick Start Guide for Scoring a Game.