Does the Scoring App Require Internet?
- Internet is not required to score the game.
- Internet is required to log into the iPad Scoring app.
- Internet is required to create and upload games.
Internet is needed briefly when you are setting up the game, either by loading a scheduled game or creating one from scratch. It is during game creation that all of your season settings and rosters are downloaded. Once the game is created you can go offline and stay offline until the game is locked and ready to be uploaded. To upload the game you need internet again.
- Create / Load your games just prior to going to the arena to ensure you're able to connect reliably.
- If you're at an arena without Wi-Fi and need to load a game, setup a personal hotspot to make your own connection.
- Creating and uploading games uses very little data.